Tuesday, June 10, 2008

$10+1 MTT 45 Players

Need to become more disciplined playing these tournaments. Last night was playing in a tournaments with 68 players left with the money paying out at 45th place. I overplayed my AQ against a larger stack who ended up having AK. I should have stayed away from him and waited until I was in the money to make a move like that.

Now I'm playing a new tournament and hopefully I'll fare better. People seem to be leaving quickly in this one as I'm at 19 of 31 in the 6th level. During the tournament I've been mainly low stacked keeping around the starting amount of 1,500 chips. Later in the tournament it's been easier to take down uncontested pots since it appears that the more conservative players remain, just have to be cautious not to go all in with a marginal hand.

At the break I've got 4,365 chips and 6th of 16. Took someone out who went all in with a marginal hand. He had Q4 and went all in, in what appears to be an ill timed attempt to steal the blinds. I had AQ and it held up to send him to the rail. I'm in 3rd place with 13 players remaining and 7,515 chips.

I tend to not pay enough attention to most players, sometimes loose players catch my eye with some outlandish plays. Sometimes it works for them and they collect chips and then use those chips to bully the table.

Finished on the bubble (7th). A small stack went all in with about 2,700 chips, I went allin in attempt to go head to head. A later stack joins me allin with about 950 additional chips than I had. The first all in had QhKs with the later player with AhKh. I had AcJs and loose straight off on the flop when all hearts come. Down to $72.50, may have to drop down in the buy in amount if I don't finish in the money soon.

No comments: